5 USES FOR COCONUT OIL

by - March 12, 2017



Coconut Oil

Coconut oil is a multi tasking product, it can be used for various different things. I initially bought it to use on my skin but found it can be used for more.

1. Skincare. This is what I initially bought the product for as a nice natural moisturiser. Something to smooth my skin. Once I have had a shower and I have dried off, I use this. It completely smoothes my skin, soft to touch and it doesn't smell bad, isn't harsh on the skin. I also use a little bit in the tips of my fingers to then rub all over my face, I then use a warm damp flannel to wash away any makeup that is left on my skin.

2. Shaving. I prefer this option than using a shaving cream or to waxing my legs. I am not this biggest fan of waxing my legs, my skin has always felt tough and slightly grazed afterwards. So I tried out the coconut oil for shaving trick and its the best I have found for this. You simply apply it all over your legs and shave your legs. In between strokes you obviously wash your razor under warm water and begin again. Leaving soft and silky legs behind.

3. Haircare. I use coconut oil as a hair mask. I always shampoo and condition my hair as normal but then I brush through my hair leaving no knots and then I apply the coconut oil as a mask. Thoroughly brushing through my hair. I leave it for around 5 minutes and then I rinse it off using hot water.

4. Lipgloss. I know this one sounds a tad strange but its true I like to use coconut oil as lipgloss. I have applied my normal matte lipstick, I then dab a little bit of coconut oil over the top to create a nice glossy look. The coconut oil absorbs through the lipstick to help heal chapped lips and to keep them soft everyday.

5. Eyebrows. Yeah I like to use coconut oil to keep brows tame. I only use this if I have used a pencil eyebrow product. I simply take a chunk and melt it into my hand, taking a spoolie I wave the wand through the coconut oil in my hand and lightly graze through the eyebrow hairs. This keeps them all in place, so no one escapes.

These are my top 5 uses for coconut oil. You can buy coconut oil from any retailer. I bought mine from Home Bargains for £1.99

Want to read more things like this article, or you want to know about another subject to leave a comment below.

Remember to follow my blog and my other social media links on my homepage.

Rebecca


You May Also Like

0 comments